Job Cost Accountant
DuraServ, is looking for a seasoned Job Cost Accountant. The successful Job Cost Accountant will coordinate with the Corporate Controller, salesman (Project Manager) and Service Manager in one of our remote office locations to facilitate efficient and timely administration of DuraServ jobs. To hold the custodial responsibility for original sales order files to include original quotation, approved submittals, pricing exception documentation, site surveys and all correspondence. Works cooperatively with corporate accounting and credit departments. Fiduciary responsibility for the integrity of the branch's job costing, account coding, and adherence to company policies.
Come work for a growing company who has NEVER had a layoff?
DuraServ has been in business since 2001 and is one of the largest providers of service, sales and installation of commercial doors and loading dock equipment in the US. DuraServ has grown from $16 million to a $100 million company since its inception and has grown its workforce from 18 to 390+ employees over the last 3 years. We are looking for talented career oriented people who want to work in a fast-paced employee centric company. DuraServ' company goal is to: take great care of every customer, treat employees well and with respect and be "first and best" in all markets servicing customer.
- Work under Assistant Controller, provides accounting support for sales by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements
- Analyzes and interprets statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, trends and other matters impacting the effectiveness of the operations
- Record journal entries including but not limited to: efficiency variance, cost of sales, cycle counts, warranty, and purchase price variance.
- Responsible for product cost analysis, identifying errors and opportunities, preparing reports and communicating with various departments within the company.
- Maintain data and determine cost standards for all products; provides cost data for new and/or changed products.
- Execution of all equipment sales orders and contracts for remote offices
- Review of order package from sales for completeness and accuracy
- System order entry
- Generation of all purchase orders and installation work orders to ensure timely execution of the order
- Purchase order receipt and invoice approval and processing
- Invoicing and job costing of sales orders
- Inventory control and maintenance
- Stock inventory purchases
- Validation of proper sales and/or use tax treatment
- Tracking of the open orders and weekly projections
- Understanding of revenue cycle workflow and job costing
- Cost accounting experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of job and accounting software (Syspro experience a plus)
- Familiar with sales and use tax laws
- Strong understanding of accounting sub-ledger and general ledger transactions
- Ability to make judgment calls within given guidance
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills required with ability to articulate complex concepts into clear and concise content
- Strong customer service orientation
- Work effectively within and across teams to get things accomplished
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required with 2+ years of working experience.
- $45-$50k commensurate with experience plus bonus
- Completes benefits package including 401K with company match
send resumes to Linda.email@example.com